A 10-Point Plan for (Without Being Overwhelmed)
Things to Consider When Auctioning Your Items
Valuable items and properties are not ideal to sell directly to buyers or the market. If you want to gain the maximum benefits for a shorter period, it is better to consider auctioning the item. Auctions only cater those items with great value or of interest to people going to an auction. However, you should not auction your item randomly or you could end up getting less for it. There are several things to consider when it comes to auctioning your precious items.
1. Item to auction – Are you auctioning jewelry, antique or property? Depending on the item, you might have been better of selling it to a pawnshop or a direct buyer. You must know that not all of the items are ideal for auction even if they are valuable. However, you can still auction them as long as you find the right place for it.
2. Expected value – How much money are you willing to receive to part with your item? You know determine the actual market value of your item and expect to gain from a little less to more than that value. Do not expect to gain the maximum amount since it will depend on the competition during the auction and the amount the buyer is willing to pay for it.
3. Proof of ownership – Properties such as real estate and cars are required for the owners to show proof of ownership before they can be listed in an auction. You must prepare all the necessary documents before bringing your property to an auction.
4. Legal responsibilities – Some properties and items are deemed government property even though you own them. Once the government discovers such item and property, they will do everything to stop you from auctioning it and they would try to gain ownership of it. You must be aware if your item is under such category and be wary before putting it up for auction.
5. Auction house – Auction houses vary from small scale to large scale auction houses. They also differ on the items they put up for auction. There are small scale auctions for war paraphernalia. There are also auctions for antique items which collectors are very interested with. There are also high class auctions that sell precious antiques, jewelry and properties. You must go for an auction house that caters the item you are planning to auction.
6. Auction service – Auction services can be classified into two types. One is that they will purchase the item from your hands so you do not have to worry about the uncertainties of the auction. Another is that they will auction your item and get a percentage of the profit. Make sure to consider whether it is ideal to auction your item or let the auction house save you all the trouble by paying for your item directly.
7. Auction fees – Auction fees are basically a percentage of the profit. See if the percentage is within your tolerance and corresponds to the service you’re getting as well as the potential profit for your item.
In Phoenix AZ auctions are common occurrences so all you have to do is find the right auction house when you are in the area.